Looking to buy plane tickets with Bitcoin? This is exactly how our company, BitcoinWide, was born. Our future CEO wanted to pay for flights with Bitcoin, but, to his surprise, no one accepted this currency and there was no service that would show who does. Many years have passed since that moment and nowadays buying flights with Bitcoin is almost a usual thing to do. And we will prove it in this article.
Buy plane tickets with Bitcoin: Pros & cons
Pros are clearly overtaking here so let’s start with them:
- Buying airline tickets with Bitcoin can provide increased security and privacy. Bitcoin transactions are decentralized and encrypted, making them much more difficult to hack or manipulate than traditional payment methods. This can provide peace of mind and protect your personal information when making a large purchase like plane tickets.
- Another benefit of using Bitcoin to buy a flight ticket is the potential for lower transaction fees. Because Bitcoin is not subject to the same regulations and fees as traditional payment methods, it can often be cheaper to send and receive Bitcoin payments. This can save you money on transaction fees and make it more affordable to buy air tickets with Bitcoin.
- And last but not least – crypto is way faster than bank transactions.
However, there are a few disadvantages:
- You can’t claim this purchase as a business expense if you need to do so, as crypto transactions are not the same as bank transactions
- Acceptance of Bitcoin as a form of payment is considered limited, but here on this website, we will prove it wrong.
How to buy plane tickets with Bitcoin
First of all, you will need to find a place that accepts crypto payments. Here BitcoinWide will help you like no other service! We gather all the businesses that accept cryptocurrencies as a form of payment and you can use different tools:
- A usual search
- A map search if you are tight to a specific location
- A search by category
- A search by crypto type in case you have something else instead of BTC
After you have found a place where to buy a flight with Bitcoin, follow their link and buy as you usually do but here you will be offered to pay with BTC.
A list of businesses where you can buy plane tickets with Bitcoin
People usually look for Expedia pay with Bitcoin, but there is so much more than just that. Here is the promise list of where you can buy plane tickets with Bitcoin today:
- Turpial Airlines
- Air Baltic
- I Only Fly First Class
- Ariva World
Buying flight tickets with Bitcoin is not that complicated and has a lot of perks compared to traditional payment methods. Hopefully, this article gave you a good understanding of the process and now you know where to spend your crypto if you need to go for a vacation or business trip.
Yes, you can. A lot of companies nowadays accept crypto payments, and you can find a list of them on BitcoinWide. Moreover, it’s not just Bitcoin — ETH (Ethereum), XRP (Ripple), Tether (USDT), BNB, DOGE, and other coins that can be accepted when buying flight tickets.
No, not directly. But American Airlines is a member of UATP, which partners with BitPay, the same as companies like JetBlue, Southwest Airlines, Air Canada, Air China, Delta, Etihad, and hundreds more. This means that as a BitPay user you are able to use crypto for payments at American Airlines.
Yes, and you will be surprised by how many do so. Moreover, even if a needed company does not directly accept crypto, you can still buy a ticket with your Bitcoin using platforms and services, as well as your agencies.
Currently, the online travel agency Expedia uses Coinbase and exclusively accepts Bitcoin for hotels (not for flights, unfortunately). You can make payments for hotel reservations using your Coinbase wallet or send Bitcoin to an address.