Looking to get paid in Bitcoins? You are definitely at the right place. Crypto can be received not just by mining, even though it’s the first thing that comes to mind. People can do services online and get paid in crypto, and it’s not a novelty these days. A lot of famous people actually chose to be paid in crypto. In this article, we will get into the subject a bit deeper.
Get paid in Bitcoins: Pros & cons
What’s good about being paid in digital currencies? Well, there are several things:
- Crypto is anonymous. No one will ever know you were paid unless you withdraw funds into your bank account. Please don’t take it as a suggestion to avoid paying taxes.
- Crypto transactions are way faster than bank ones. Imagine you don’t need to wait for the financial department to get approvals, the bank to check every letter in your invoice, etc. You can receive what you’ve earned instantly and without any checks.
- Crypto is volatile, which can be positive or negative. In the best-case scenario, you can be paid $100 today and in a month the value may skyrocket to several thousand dollars. But this can happen in another way too.
- It’s easier to save money with crypto as your crypto wallet is not connected to any direct debits. What you have is what you have.
- Getting paid with BTC or other cryptos is safe. Giving your card info to someone you don’t know is always tricky, but sharing your wallet address means absolutely nothing. No one can do anything to your funds on the crypto wallet, as long as you take the usual precautions.
What can we mention as disadvantages then?
- Crypto is difficult when it comes to taxes. Every country has different rules regarding taxation, so you will need to figure it out on your own. However, if you keep your crypto in a wallet (not on an exchange) and spend it without putting it on the bank card, no one will even know you ever had it. Just saying.
- Not many entrepreneurs or freelance platforms can pay with crypto. But here in this article, we can recommend you some of them.
How to get paid in Bitcoins
If you already have an employer or a platform that does payouts in crypto, it’s really easy. Usually you need to connect your crypto wallet somewhere in your profile and you are good to go.
Don’t forget to choose the right network. If the company uses, for example, ERC-20 and you give your address that is o BEP-20, you can lose your money forever without the right to appeal.
If you don’t know yet where to find places that pay in crypto, you can find them on BitcoinWide. We are a business directory of websites that accept crypto payments. Well, and deal with crypto in other ways.
On BitcoinWide, you can search by:
A list of businesses where you can get paid in Bitcoins
We prepared for you a ready list of places where you can earn in crypto:
- Working for Bitcoins
- Cryptocurrency Jobs
Earning Bitcoins is not just for miners anymore. With thousands of online jobs and freelance platforms there can be millions of people who can potentially get paid in Bitcoins. This has some serious advantages over he usual payment methods and we are sure that in future it can become the new norm.
There are numerous advantages to this method. If you are a trader it’s easier to receive your salary in BTC rather than topping up your crypto balance each time and pay commissions.
In 2021, seven NFL players made the audible decision to start receiving cryptocurrency payments or have a portion of their cash salaries converted to cryptocurrency. These athletes have benefited from the start of the regular season and Bitcoin’s rising profitability:
Odell Beckham Jr.
There are 7 players who decided to get paid in Bitcoin in 2021:
Odell Beckham Jr.
A lot of famous people get paid in Bitcoin, for example: