If you’d like to pay rent with Bitcoin this is an article for you. We researched this topic so you don’t have to and are ready to answer the question ‘can you pay rent with Bitcoin?’. As you may guess, the answer is positive but there are nuances you need to know beforehand, and we will try to discuss everything possible related to this topic.
Pay rent with Bitcoin: Pros & cons
Let us begin with the advantages.
- Lower fees if we are talking about international travel, middle-term Airbnb, business trips, etc
- Faster transactions so that your landlord doesn’t need to wait a few business days for a wire transfer
- Anonymity if you need it
- Low chance of fraud as you are not sharing your bank card details
Are there any disadvantages?
- If renting a place is your business expense you won’t be able to claim it for a tax refund as it is not the same as a bank transaction
- Not all landlords are happy to take crypto instead of a bank transfer or cash, but there are quite a few and in this article, we will tell you how to find them.
How to pay rent with Bitcoin
The trickiest part is to find a landlord who would accept crypto. For this, we recommend BitcoinWide — an online directory of online and offline businesses that accept crypto payments. Here you can look for needed merchants in 4 different ways:
When you chose a place, follow the link in their business profile. All merchants accept crypto differently, it can be a crypto payment gateway or a direct transfer to a landlord’s wallet.
A list of places where you can pay rent with Bitcoin
We did some research so you don’t have to. Here are some places where you can rent with BTC or other crypto coins:
- A&O Hotels und Hostels
- Casa San Telmo
- Ferienwohnungen Davos
- Departamentos Villas Capdeviel
- Canal Apartments
- Rooftop Apartment
- Casa Nostra Real Estate Brokers
- Provident Real Estate
- Your Place
- Bitcoin Real Estate
- GMK Immobilien
Renting a place and paying with Bitcoin may look weird at the first glance but it does have some advantages that include higher transaction speed and anonymity. If this is what you are looking for, paying with crypto should be the way to go. Hopefully, this article gave you a good understanding of the process and now you are ready to make your choice.
FAQ: How to pay rent with BTC
Yes, you can. Probably it can’t work with every landlord, but there are homeowners who accept crypto payments, and you can find a list of such companies and individuals on BitcoinWide — an online directory of crypto-accepting businesses.
There are numerous advantages to accepting BTC or other cryptocurrencies. For example, te fees are lower, and the transactions are faster. People also use crypto for anonymity and to avoid paying taxes but this is not something we want to encourage people to do.
Not directly, as Airbnb does not accept crypto payments on their websites. However, there is a way around it as you can buy gift cards that can be redeemed on the Airbnb website. In this way, you can spend crypto for your stay.